Regional geological investigations in 2010
Regional and local, large- and small-scale geological planning works have considerable importance in the geological investigation of the earth interior, in exploration of its stratigraphy, tectonics, magmatism, and structure, in determination of the spread regularity of the widely spread minerals and their industrial-genetic types, and in whole, estimation of the mineral perspectives of territory, and also its sensibility towards different exogenous geological processes.
- As a result of the geological and geophysical planning works with the coverage of 1:200000 the general geological, structural, metallogenic, mineral spread regularities of the Republic territory, maps of the geophysical and geochemical anomalies, tectonomagmatic maps were compiled, completed and specified.
- The 1:50000-scale planning works in the regions of The Great and Small Caucasus (also in the Mountainous Talish, Nakhchivan) are about to be over.
- The 1:50000-scale special geophysical works (gravity measurements) are keeping on with the purpose of limitation of the ultrabasic and basic magmatic complexes discovered in the Shaki-Gabala fault of The Great Caucasus region.
- Along with the 1:50000-scale general search, in the south-eastern zone of The Great Caucasus – in the area of 150 square kilometers of Alat-Bandovan section, geological planning works are keeping on. On the area of Small Kanizadag discovered indice of volcanic ash, traced for 5 km and has thickness about 1,0 meters.
- The 1:50000-scale geological planning works in the area of 140 square kilometers on the topographic sheet K-39-111-V carry out survey works, discovered the indices of volcanic ash and bentonites.
- Along with the general search, the 1:50000-scale planning works in the Burovar section in the North of the Mountainous Talish are being carried out. In the last year the planned survey works covered of 200 square kilometers have been carried out. On the Toufan (Major Caucasus) and Kapaz (Minor Caucasus)n on territory of 50 and 30 square kilometres correspondingly were carried out survey works in the scale 1:25000. On the Toufan section in the geochemical samples are found molybdene of 0,01 – 0,02 %, on the Kapaz section had investigated Dardere and Akhmadly zones, where in the lithigeochemical samples content of molybden are 0,01-0,02 %.
- In order to appreciate the perspectiveness of minerals of the territory of the Republic, geological explorations are carried out according to new geological theories and ore formations determined in recent years.